Enes
Enes, Volvo Master Technician
Experience:  18 yrs+. experience as Volvo & ASE Certified Master Technician.
20168386

just had 10 yr old S40 serviced and MOT Bought when 1 yr old

just had 10 yr old S40 serviced and MOT Bought when 1 yr old with no subsequent trouble. When returned, battery had been disconnected during service and rado was OFF. Referred to owner's manual and left it for 2 hrs until it is ready to receive instructions, then entered code as per red Radio Pass received from dealer when purchased. Radio responded "ERROR" three times then returned to "OFF". Now waiting further 2 hrs to try again (with little confidence!) Any advice?
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Have asked and paid for your advice as to why my vehicle's radio will not accept the manufacturer's instructions to restore its function. What further information are you seeking? Will continue to wait for your response.

Thank you for getting back to me, no further information is required at the moment. We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do
you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you
like for us to close your question at this time?

Expert:  Enes replied 3 years ago.
Hello and welcome to our web page here my name isXXXXX a Certified Volvo Car Expert Mechanic.I'm going to try today to answer your question.only way to restore your radio if you enter your radio code3 times and comes as off that indicates wrong radio code and is locked out you must now again reset radio how you did first time to say code then you must pull radio out abs take to volvo dealer garage to cross reference serial number with volvo data base than you get new radio code
Enes, Volvo Master Technician
Experience: 18 yrs+. experience as Volvo & ASE Certified Master Technician.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I was expecting information to help me rectify the problem myself rather than just be referred to a Volvo dealer

Expert:  Enes replied 3 years ago.
But in some cases like your only volvo dealer can access the codes