Mike
Mike, Mechanic
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

Hi Ive got an r reg v70 and there is steam or vapour coming

Hi I've got an r reg v70 and there is steam or vapour coming out of the central air vents. Is this dangerous?? What is it?
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello and Welcome..

My name is XXXXX XXXXX Im happy to help / advise..

With this - if its steam as you say - vapour.. then you most likely have developed a small leak in the heater matrix or the pipes / fittings to it.

Check to see if there are signs of wet on the carpets - both sides - feeling up in the mid area... It may not be so bad yet to have let enough water out to wet the carpets - check also the engine coolant for any amount of water / coolant loss... these are the signs..

But again - if no such signs, you then have a small leak there - that will mean you have the steam / vapour out the vents as above - it will need further investigation to cure.

( This is not dangerous - though should it lose enough coolant it will cause the engine to overheat and can damage -so the sooner its checked out, the better )

Let me know if you need anything else -

.>> >> > ..Meantime..............Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me as that's how Im credited for helping you - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Rgds, MIKE.