Mike
Mike, Mechanic
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

Hi Ive got an r reg v70 and there is steam or vapour coming

Hi I've got an r reg v70 and there is steam or vapour coming out of the central air vents. Is this dangerous?? What is it?
Hello and Welcome..

My name is XXXXX XXXXX Im happy to help / advise..

With this - if its steam as you say - vapour.. then you most likely have developed a small leak in the heater matrix or the pipes / fittings to it.

Check to see if there are signs of wet on the carpets - both sides - feeling up in the mid area... It may not be so bad yet to have let enough water out to wet the carpets - check also the engine coolant for any amount of water / coolant loss... these are the signs..

But again - if no such signs, you then have a small leak there - that will mean you have the steam / vapour out the vents as above - it will need further investigation to cure.

( This is not dangerous - though should it lose enough coolant it will cause the engine to overheat and can damage -so the sooner its checked out, the better )

Let me know if you need anything else -

.>> >> > ..Meantime..............Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me as that's how Im credited for helping you - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Rgds, MIKE.