Enes
Enes, Volvo Master Technician
Experience:  18 yrs+. experience as Volvo & ASE Certified Master Technician.
20168386

I have a Volvo V70 2.4D on a 57 plate. It was serviced last

I have a Volvo V70 2.4D on a 57 platewith 53,000 on the clock. It was serviced last week.The following symbol and message is now showing. An engine symbol with an exclamation mark in it and the message below it reads,' Engine System,service required'.Does this simply mean the garage who did my service have not cleared the computer correctly or is there potentially a serious fault that needs to be resolved ? The car drives perfectly well and there are no obvious signs that anything is wrong. Also, why does this symbol and message not appear in the handbook ? Thanks in anticipation , Colin

Category: Volvo
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.
Hello Colin,

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Expert:  Enes replied 3 years ago.
Hello and welcome to our web page here my name isXXXXX a Certified Volvo Car Expert Mechanic.I'm going to try today to answer your question.that is same light as you would see as check. Engine so you will have to go to repair shop to read codes and see triggering it can be just from loose gas cap but also failed engine sensor. But to reset garage must do it using scanner
Enes, Volvo Master Technician
Experience: 18 yrs+. experience as Volvo & ASE Certified Master Technician.