Enes
Enes, Volvo Master Technician
Experience:  18 yrs+. experience as Volvo & ASE Certified Master Technician.
20168386

Hi I have a V70 which was new in 2000. The battery keeps

Customer Question

I have a V70 which was new in 2000.
The battery keeps going flat and although I bought a new one in February it has gone flat three times since then and the AA are getting a bit fed up with me. I have read the manuel today and removed the Battery from the boot area and put it on charge in my garage.
the AA man said last time that there could be a short somewhere and i mentioned that the boot light stayed on He recommended i just took the bulb out which i did but it has still gone flat after not being used for two days. Any magic answers. I live on a island and it expensive for me to get to the mainland with the vehicle so if i can do something here all the better . thanks Donna
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Enes replied 3 years ago.

Enes : Hello and welcome to our web page here my name isXXXXX a Certified Volvo Car Expert Mechanic.I'm going to try today to answer your question.
Enes : You have so called battery drain
Enes : I can send how to test for battery drain
JACUSTOMER-xvym3oru- : Please send me advice. I know I have battery drain it's obvious but how do I correct it ?