Enes
Enes, Volvo Master Technician
Experience:  18 yrs+. experience as Volvo & ASE Certified Master Technician.
20168386

Vw caddy diesel 53---1900cc---intermittent starting no apparent

Customer Question

Vw caddy diesel ---1900cc---intermittent starting no apparent fault on diagnostics--- refuses to start -- period of time random -- - changed coolant sensor problem still intermittent--registration WG53 URL---, e checked , three different garages and 2 recovery services fuel starvation the reason for non starting but mysteriously after an indeterminate time it starts as if problem never existed

Category: Volvo
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Expert:  Enes replied 3 years ago.
Hello and welcome to our web page here my name isXXXXX a Certified Car Expert Mechanic.I'm going to try today to answer your question.tell when you have no start you also have no crank ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
It does crank, every time i turn key in ignition--- when recovery vehicle arrives mechanic removes large hose and sprays quick start- the engine purrs briefly but is unable to run due to fuel starvation--- the problem never occurs when using vehicle only when attempting restart
Expert:  Enes replied 3 years ago.
I would look again at fuel pump and regulation of pressures I think your problem is gone be there also I would test ignition system . Also tell your mechanic to look test or replace fuel pressure regulator make sure you not loosing fuel rest pressure
Expert:  Enes replied 3 years ago.
relay 109 glow plug where is the water temperature The sensor is located on the right side of the engine near the top, at the back. It is in the coolant fitting directly behind the hose from the rad, just left of the thermostat. Be careful to disconnect the wires, and not remove the sensor, or you will loose a lot of coolant. The sensor is held in by a separate plastic clip, and the harness just has a little built in clip on the side.OK if all checks out then its very possible the issue is in the ecm itself .Could be shorted internally causing this issue.