Enes
Enes, Volvo Master Technician
Experience:  18 yrs+. experience as Volvo & ASE Certified Master Technician.
20168386

2006 ECC the passenger side is always hot. The temperature

2006 ECC the passenger side is always hot. The temperature control does not affect it
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Enes replied 3 years ago.

Enes : Hello and welcome to our web page here my name isXXXXX a Certified Volvo Car Expert Mechanic.I'm going to try today to answer your question.
Enes : you can have a problem your climate is Eletric controlled
Enes : Now what goes bad the damper temperature motor fails and don't control temperature
Enes : you can try to calibrate damper motors with scanner it can recover back to normal operation
Enes : if calibration fails it will require new motor
Enes : also other problem can be if you ac system gas is low only driver side will blow cold and passenger warm
Enes : to fix that you must fix ac leak or add as gas freon
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The fan does not work as well on the passenger side as the driver's (RHD) side.

I had a problem with the demist function which only worked when I removed the damper motor on the driver's side (this gives air permanently to the screen now)

The passenger side has 2 damper motors which one is the heat motor?

Expert:  Enes replied 3 years ago.
You don't have air flow now or just no control over temperature ?
As far you have 5 damper motors 3 on passenger side and 2 on driver side . Every time you replace they must be calibrated or it will not work! You should try calibration first it helps and install new climate software update . Then check ac if your ac is low on gas windows will also fog up faster !
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I do not have the ability to recalibrate the motors or install new software.

I will get the Freon checked.

There is airflow on the passenger side but no control of temperature.

Driver side has good airflow and temperature control

Expert:  Enes replied 3 years ago.
Ok than it looks you must used volvo garage and advanced scanner try to calibrate climate control all demper motors and install climate software upgrade called ccm upgrade . Also check thr freon gas in ac . If you have time please rate the answer by boss looks for your feedback to be positive . Also feel free to reply after feedback follow up questions here. Thank you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hello Enes
Calibration was not possible because the left hand (passenger) side was not communicating at all"
They did not find out that the servo to the windscreen flap was not working nor did they find out that if I take the electrical connector out from the servo that the temperature control on the right (driver) side works properly. I would be interested in your thoughts before I take the car into the Volvo garage on Monday 16th for further diagnostics.
Mike

Expert:  Enes replied 3 years ago.
It can be bad so called damper motor behind dash bad but it will require dash removal in case that is bad ! If the shop you took did not have advanced. Volvo scanner they can't do much !
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have changed the flap motor already but there was no change.

The shop is a Volvo dealer in Guildford England - Squire Furneaux.

can you look them up?

Expert:  Enes replied 3 years ago.
where they able to calibrate motor all off them
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

They could not calibrate any.

They thought that the heater had been removed and maybe some connections were not put back. In other words they do not know what is wrong but they will investigate next Monday.

Could it be the control unit?

Expert:  Enes replied 3 years ago.
most the time if calibration is not possible it can be due to failed other 5 damper motor if one of 6 is not calibrating but working it will not let you calibrate until you fix other motor .but lot times you will need complete climate box it comes with all damper motor hole dash gets removed is very costly to fix that issue
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I will see what they find at the garage on Monday

Expert:  Enes replied 3 years ago.
Ok let me know
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Suddenly they can recalibrate the servos with a "special" vida system.

It appears to be OK now.

Thanks Enes

Mike

Expert:  Enes replied 3 years ago.
I had the feeling it would work so next you need volvo help ask for me and wait for my reply is world wide page abs time zones delays but I help you again anytime
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks Enes

Mike in UK