Enes
Enes, Volvo Master Technician
Experience:  18 yrs+. experience as Volvo & ASE Certified Master Technician.
20168386

I have a 2007 Volvo c60 and I have a problem with the alarm

Customer Question

I have a 2007 Volvo c60 and I have a problem with the alarm system. A message has appeared on the dashboard saying that the alarm system requires a service. A friend told me that it happened to her and her father she said that was due to a faulty fuse. Is there any system of correcting this on my car?
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Enes replied 3 years ago.

Enes : Hello and welcome to our web page here my name is Enes I'm a Certified Volvo Car Expert Mechanic.I'm going to try today to answer your question.
Enes : most the time is not fuse that warning that your alarm control system is malfunctioning so that said what goes bad is so called siren alarm module it has internal battery and that wears out with time and age abs needs to be replaced
Enes : if you fuse was bad you would not see that warning it wouldn't power then system
Enes : so replacing siren will cost part $250 and labor is $150