Robert
Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK
13210289

I have to take the the drivers door off my 850 estate to gain

Customer Question

I have to take the the drivers door off my 850 estate to gain access to the door closer where the body work has eroded and the closer has come loose and will need a plate welded to keep it in place , with the central locking system wiring attached is it just a case of unplugging it from the wiring socket or is there more to it than that?

.

Category: Volvo
Expert:  Robert replied 3 years ago.

Hi..

Hopefully i can help..

If you talking about the wiring plug loom between the door and the front foor pillar then yes you can just un plug it..it will mean however no functions will work on that door.central locking isnt really part of the mot or tested.during MOT Doors are tested it will likely fail if

(A) - Driver’s or any passenger’s door does not latch securely in the closed position

(B) A driver’s or front passenger’s door cannot be opened from both inside and outside the vehicle using the relevant control in each case

(C) a passenger/rear door cannot be opened from outside the vehicle using the relevant control.

(2) A door hinge, catch or pillar missing, insecure or deteriorated to the extent that a door cannot be readily opened or closed.