Enes
Enes, Volvo Master Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as Volvo & ASE Certified Master Technician.
20168386

I have a Volvo v70 2005 t5 ive change the pump now the fuel

Customer Question

I have a Volvo v70 2005 t5 ive change the pump now the fuel gauge don't work at all
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Enes replied 2 years ago.

Enes :

Hello and welcome to our web page here my name is Enes I'm a Certified Volvo Car Expert Mechanic.I'm going to try today to answer your question.

Enes :

WHAT TYPE OF PUMP YOU USED ?

Enes :

JUST PUMP OR HOUSING ?

Enes :

WHAT SIDE DID YOU REPLace driver or passenger

Enes :

who replace the pump

Enes :

you have 2 level sensor in tank you know that

Enes :

how did you line up pump and sending units ?

Enes :

reply here leave A REPLY I WILL UPDATE WHEN I READ YOUR REPLAY YOU CAN COME BACK LATER OR CHECK EMAIL YOU GET EMAIL WHEN I RE UPDATE

JACUSTOMER-aj8inpby- :

Hi Enes,

JACUSTOMER-aj8inpby- :

we used a genuine Volvo dealer pump

JACUSTOMER-aj8inpby- :

whole pump and casing was changed, which came complete with both level sensors, and lined the pump up as per the old unit, with the triangle pointers facing towards the rear of the vehicle

JACUSTOMER-aj8inpby- :

since changing the pump the fuel gage has not worked (on empty mark) no low fuel light is on... Volvo also sent a second pump for us to try in case level sensors were faulty, but the same problem occured

Enes :

are you sure you run the pipe that runs in tank correct

Enes :

remove again fuel pump and sending unit

Enes :

look close

Enes :

on tank there is also like this sign on thank I I you will line triangle with that in between

Enes :

but make sure they level sending units on both side driver and passenger are free and not touching anything

Enes :

so replace also pump and level sensor pump is passenger side and level senor is driver side

JACUSTOMER-aj8inpby- : All of the above has been done and still the same
JACUSTOMER-aj8inpby- : all pipes and fuel lines have been checked
JACUSTOMER-aj8inpby- : senders are free and not touching anything
Enes :
  • look at main connector for terminal from top they can get loose or wide make poor connection
JACUSTOMER-aj8inpby- : This has also been done, I have even wrapped a cable tie around connectors so it is tight
Enes : Did you do terminal drag test I had few cars with bad terminal zip tie would not help after I pulled terminall it had by connection hard to see with eye
Enes : if that is good than you fuel gauge can have find in frozen mode
Enes : you will have to use advsnvedcsvsnner and activate gauges to reset that can help
Enes : but only advanced volvo scanner can help do that