Enes
Enes, Volvo Master Technician
Experience:  18 yrs+. experience as Volvo & ASE Certified Master Technician.
20168386

I am desperate! My C70 convertible, rag top,flashes red warning

I am desperate! My C70 convertible, rag top,flashes red warning light and incessant beep without warning. Been to main dealers for re-calibration worked for a few days then started again. Took it back to main dealers in Preston, lasted longer but has returned. I never know what to expect will it beep or won't it.This is my second C70 cabrio but the first with this problem. No-one appears to be able to offer me a permanent solution but someone out there must know what is wrong.Volvo build them so why can't they repair them?
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Enes replied 3 years ago.

Enes : Hello and welcome to our web page here my name is***** a Certified Volvo Car Expert Mechanic.I'm going to try today to answer your question.
Enes : what you describe sounds like calibration or roof sensor potentiometer has failed
Enes : what you need to do scan for fault codes if any fixe
Enes : them
Enes : but I would re calibrate roof sensor and re calibrate all roof sensors to correct positions they loos position if roof was not used for long time
Customer:

As I said in my question the above has already been done twice by main dealer in Preston . The effect lasted only a matter of weeks at a cost of £129.00. That is why I am clutching at straws. I don't want to be spending that amount of money every few weeks. Thanks but I am no farther forward. Is there anything I can do or look for or replace?

Enes : There should be fault codes stored in system did they tell you ?
Enes : If no fault codes are stored next step is to replace roof memory module
Customer:

Is there anywhere in the North West that you could recommend to got this fault fixed for good? The flashing light and beeping noise disappears when the roof is open.

Enes : Give me you city or zip I can look in my system
Customer:

ORMSKIRK ENGLAND post code L39 4SZ

Enes : ORMSKIRK ENGLAND post code L39 4SZ
Enes : http://whitesmotorsormskirk.co.uk
Enes : it shows they can help with volvo but if they can't help only way is volvo dealer garage