Enes
Enes, Volvo Master Technician
Experience:  18 yrs+. experience as Volvo & ASE Certified Master Technician.
20168386

Hi, I have a V70 T5 Auto, W reg 2000. it has 99,000 miles

Hi, I have a V70 T5 Auto, W reg 2000. it has 99,000 miles with full history and in good condition for year. Car drives well but a warning sign keeps coming up that says, Quote- 'Engine System Service Required.' Garage mechanic advised me to take it to Volvo dealer and said it could cost £1200 to get it off. I am hoping to sell this car privatly On auto trader but fear this warning sign will frighten buyers off. Any ideas of what to do ?
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Enes replied 3 years ago.

Enes :

Hello and welcome to our web page here my name is***** a Certified Volvo Car Expert Mechanic.I'm going to try today to answer your question.

Enes :

what is fault code what part is bad to cost 1200

Enes :

reply here when you can

Customer:

These are the Codes -- Brake Pedal Sensor 9400. Vehicle Speed Signal 510F. Throttle Unit internal fault 910E or Thermostat faulty signal 201A All 4 codes are I understand are on the Engine System Managment. What do you advise. Can this warning sign be removed.

Expert:  Enes replied 3 years ago.
I would try to clean throttle first and replace brake pedal sensor reset codes im saying cleaning can buy you some time before you sale it