Enes
Enes, Volvo Master Technician
Experience:  18 yrs+. experience as Volvo & ASE Certified Master Technician.
20168386

I have a problem with my Volvo XC 70 wad 2003 with 47300 miles

I have a problem with my Volvo XC 70 wad 2003 with 47300 miles on it.Not long after starting I get message engine service required.
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Enes replied 3 years ago.

Enes : Hello and welcome to our web page here my name is***** a Certified Volvo Car Expert Mechanic.I'm going to try today to answer your question.
Enes : can you run this test
Enes : checking codes without scanner on p2 volvosif u want to know if there is any codes stored in any module on your p2 Volvo follow these steps 1. turn on car and close doors and clear info display of any messages by pressing read button 2. with ur foot on the brake pedal hold down the read button and hit the rear fog lamp button twice. now your car info display will read checking dtcs in vehicle and you can scroll through each module by hitting the read button until u go through every module. this method will only tell you if there is a code stored and will not give you a specific code.enesd. Volvo expert justanswer ........http://www.justanswer.com/car/expert-volvo-enes/
Customer: No information shows on display except when I release the read button, you have no messages
Customer: When I have the problem the engine becomes sluggish. If I then stop the car turn engine off wait 20 seconds and turn engine back on the problem is normally cured. I should have mentioned that this is a heart tonic gear box.
Customer: geartronic
Customer: This problem is dangerous if it occurs and it becomes necessary to accelerate quickly or it becomes necessary to climb a hill!,
Enes : It can be your sensor is going bad
Enes : but now to find out what sensor is acting bad you must use scsnner
Enes : it will give details like what to check
Enes : what you tested is manual test
Enes : but is not showing info
Enes : that now requires next step scsnner
Enes : most the time is one of engine control sensor or sollenoids going bad
Customer: Presumably then I will have to ask my garage to check this as I have no facilities. Thank you for your help.
Enes : Feel free to follow up again after you go to shop
Customer: Many thanks. Goodbye.
Enes : please if you can rate the answer positive my boss looks for your feedback from you to me to be positive
Enes : Thank you
Expert:  Enes replied 3 years ago.
Enes : most the time is one of engine control sensor or sollenoids going bad Customer: Presumably then I will have to ask my garage to check this as I have no facilities. Thank you for your help.
Enes : Feel free to follow up again after you go to shop Customer: Many thanks. Goodbye.