Enes
Enes, Volvo Master Technician
Experience:  18 yrs+. experience as Volvo & ASE Certified Master Technician.
20168386

volvo S40 immobilizer read manual

Customer Question

So this is the problem, the car (volvo s40 2006) wouldn't start one evening, starter didn't even turn. Dash message read brake failure immobilizer read manual. I noticed the dash lights very weak so I attributed this failure to start on a drained battery. The car started with a tow and ran well until the next day at 1 pm, with the same message displayed on dash it refused to start. I checked the battery with a multi meter everything appeared fine. I disconnected the battery for 3 hrs and upon re-connection it started first go and ran well for four days. However, on my way to work the dash warning lights lit up (all of them) and car began to struggle got it parked up safely and now same as before immobilizer message on dash and I'm out of ideas. The fault codes read battery temp to high is this the sole problem. Any help or advice would greatly appreciated.

Category: Volvo