Mike
Mike, Mechanic
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

Hi I am facing a electric problem with my Volvo. While

Hi I am facing a electric problem with my Volvo.
While I was driving, the wiper started on its own. Central lock is not working, hazard light is on and the information message shows 'SRS Air-Bag Service Urgent', 'Boot Lid Open', 'Anti-skid brake not working'..
What is the reason behind this? Is the electric motherboard at fault? Do I need to get this replaced completely?
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Mike :

Hello and Welcome -

Mike :

My name is ***** ***** Im happy to help / advise you with this..

Mike :

You are very possibly correct on this - it being a module fault - but it could also be as does happen, water - rain water in the electrics.,,.

Mike :

So check if you haven't already, for wet / water in the fuse boxes both under the bonnet and under the dash...check very carefully for any signs - water in the fuses / relays / computers / connections will do this... so you have to either find that ...or rule it out.

Mike :

If you do find it - of course that then needs to be dealt with - If not... then yes, module trouble is suspected for sure - the proper way forward then is to have aplug in diagnostic test done to confirm this before spending on parts etc.

Mike :

The other thing to check though before diagnostics, is the earths on the vehicle- check the main earth from the battery to the body - and from body to trans.... Then check all the other earths in the engine bay and on the engine - a bad earth can cause this also.

Mike :

If its found that it is a module fault, rather than new - there are companies that advertise on the net to repair these modules - its a case of looking them up in your locale on google etc- or I can give you a contact... But thats the ways forward on this to progress with this now..

Mike :

Im very pleased to have helped you -let me know if you need anything more -

** **>>Meantime -- - - >> Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Kind Rgds, MIKE.