Enes
Enes, Volvo Master Technician
Experience:  18 yrs+. experience as Volvo & ASE Certified Master Technician.
20168386

2006 XC90: transmission judders at 1500-1600 rpm as engine

Customer Question

2006 XC90: transmission judders at 1500-1600 rpm as engine starts to come under stress e.g. on the start of a rise. It's OK in kick down. It feels like the gearbox is "confused" between whether to change down or not. What do you think is the problem, and what do you think might be the solution? Thanks in advance.
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Enes replied 3 years ago.
Hello and welcome to our web page here my name is***** a Certified Volvo Car Expert Mechanic.I'm going to try today to answer your question.i would try calibrate shift points using scanner for volvo to relearn shifts , than also check connection for mechanical failure between all wheel drive differential in front and trans. The sleeve in between gets broken and create problem !or you can have also internal failure in trans