Enes
Enes, Volvo Master Technician
Experience:  18 yrs+. experience as Volvo & ASE Certified Master Technician.
20168386

When I accelerate hard, the "engine system requires service"

Customer Question

When I accelerate hard, the "engine system requires service" warning comes on,this usually disappears after an engine restart, or a sustained drive at 50 mph for about 20 mins,followed by an engine restart. this warning comes on when I am towing a caravan after about twenty minutes also.
in both circumstances it is accompanied by a loss of power, any ideas please?
regards Richard
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.
Hello Richard,

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Shantal,

I still require an answer

Expert:  Enes replied 3 years ago.
Hello and welcome to our web page here my name is Enes I'm a Certified Volvo Car Expert Mechanic.I'm going to try today to answer your question.engine system requires service is indication you have fault in engine control sensors I need now from a scanner the error code I can tell you than what part to replace or problem is , scanner will brake down to area with error codes