Enes
Enes, Volvo Master Technician
Experience:  18 yrs+. experience as Volvo & ASE Certified Master Technician.
20168386

VOLVO PENTA 17D Boat Engine. 1986 model.

Customer Question

I have a Volvo penta 17D marine engine ,probably 1986 which is the age of the boat. The kill switch/pull failed last week and I traced it to the pin that gets pushed into the "engine". The pin appeared seized so I I removed the pin and found it had sheared off. replacing it was easy enough, I got a new genuine penta part and fitted it and all appeared ok till I tried to kill the engine again.It wouldn't turn off even thought the pin was definitely doing what it should be doing ie getting pushed into the housing. I have to turn off the fuel to get the engine to cut out which takes about a minute and probably isn't good for it. you got any ideas what to do next ?? Ian C

Category: Volvo