Mike
Mike, Mechanic
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

how can I increase cooling when towing with my 2003 V70 D5

How can I increase cooling when towing with my 2003 V70 D5 (to prevent 1st stage warning message "transmission service due"? )

This model has a built-in oil cooler alongside the radiator

Category: Volvo
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello and Welcome..

My name is ***** ***** Im happy to advise..

With this to help with the cooling you can fit an additional fan kit to the radiator -

Contact this company HERE - they will help with what you need.

Im very pleased to have helped you - Do let me know if you need anything more --

*** Meanwhile - - >>>> Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Kind Rgds, MIKE.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Mike, thanks for the reply. Would this fan kit you have in mind be totally compatible with the car's electronic system or would there be some sort of electronic adjustment to acknowledge 'foreign' component? regards Russ

Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello there Russ..

Thank you for your reply...

No you can retrofit these fan kits with no issues / problems / programming or anything Russ...

I hope that helps you further ...

Best Rgds - MIKE..

..............Please do click on the "OK ratings" for me at this point Russ -- Thank you kindly..
Mike, Mechanic
Experience: Tech Expert
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Mike, thanks for the follow-up, on checking the web page tells me I did rate your expertise/advice (I gave you the 4th of a choice of 5 smiley faces), I have asked my regular maintenance technician to order the parts for me in time for my next service due November, regards Russ.

Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hi there Russ..

Thank you for your mail.. I have indeed received your rating - thank you.. that must have been a system message in error - I apologise for that ..

I hope all goes well for you --

Kind Rgds , MIKE.