Mike
Mike, Mechanic
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

removed cluster from o3 vw beetle an now wont start 1 fault

Customer Question

removed cluster from o3 vw beetle an now wont start 1 fault ecm disabled
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello and Welcome..

My name is ***** ***** happy to help / advise...

With this situation, with this model - the immobiliser system is incorporated in the cluster -as a part of the electronics..

You can undo the dash / cluster and remove it - and replace it and all should be ok - but if not - ie, on replacement it wont start -or, changes / repair work has been carried out on the cluster - or its not the same unit that has been put back - any such reasons as above, then if it wont start - then the immobiler system needs reprogramming / coding so that it "matches" the Ecm..
Im afraid this can only be done with suitable plug in equipment to the car - which usually means you need the help of a local dealer to do this for you ...or a local garage / auto locksmith that has the coding equipment to that for you... There is no other way Im afraid - that is how you will get your car motoring again.

Im sorry this may not what you wanted to hear but that is the way forward on this one now to get this sorted for you -

Im very pleased to have helped you - Do let me know if you need anything more --

*** Meanwhile - - >>>> Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Kind Rgds, MIKE.