Enes
Enes, Volvo Master Technician
Experience:  18 yrs+. experience as Volvo & ASE Certified Master Technician.
20168386

Volvo s80 2.4 petrol, 5 cylinders, 1999, 125 k miles.

Customer Question

Volvo s80 2.4 petrol, 5 cylinders, 1999, 125 k miles. Excessive fuel consumption (12.5MPG average, shown on the on-board car's display) - short and cold runs. Feels like "choke" is all the time on. Dashboard intermittently indicates the ABS, brakes failure, idleing revs normal (900rpm), firing regular, engine temperature -right in the middle of the dial. On gentle acceleration, the on-board computer reads 0.2, 0.3, 0.5, 0.8, 1.2 MPG and eventually after cca 400 yards (speed 30mph) it creeps up to 18 MPG.

I bought a OBC 2 reader, but it does not show anything significant apart of a note O2 heater OK which I thought may be important.

Category: Volvo
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you Shantal,

Yes, perhaps my question is rather complicated. On your top web page you state that in case of an unsatisfactory advice you are ready to refund the service charge. So, as in my case there is no advice, please can you refund my £15.00 please.

Thnk you.