Robert
Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK
13210289

My 2009 C70 gave a" power steering service urgent" warning

Customer Question

My 2009 C70 gave a" power steering service urgent" warning then a red battery in the bottom right hand corner with a red triangle in the middle of the dash board,shortly after that i had an ABS failure warning ,then a brake failure warning and then the car completely shut down . No power to anything ,not even hazard warning lights would work.Help.
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.

Hi..

Hopefully i can help..

Sounds very much like you either have Battery/Charging issue..sometimes when a fault occurs usually Alternator related these items will shut down as the voltage isnt enough for them to operate correctly..the best course of action would be to check the auxiallary belt first to ensure that hasnt snapped or lost tension..then a proper check of the battery connections/earth points - aswell as the battery itself then the charging system alternator performance - by the sounds of your description it very much sounds like a charging fault..I do hope this helps

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Brilliant deduction ,many thanks for your help.Laughing. Use left and right arrows to navigate.

Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.
Hi..there.. No problem Glad to help.. If you should have anything else to ask then just continue...In the mean time please dont forget to rate as above - very much appreciated..Regards Robert