Robert
Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK
13210289

I went to start my car put in the key ,and it would only turn

Customer Question

I went to start my car put in the key ,and it would only turn to the first click ,its an auto 2.o t petrol
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.

Hi..

Hopefully i can help..

If these keys sticks and cant be turned any further then it usually always down to the ignition barrel binding up,it certainly sounds by your description of what you have said that whats happened - its quite common on alot of Volvo's to see that happen to be honest been to many call outs with the same problem,aswell as seeing people actually damage the fob case or snapping the key as result of using pliers to get it to turn - sometimes you can get it to go if you spray some wd40 into the ignition key slot..and then work the key in and out "some" cases you may need to give it a little gentle more force to turn the key in the ignition..but the end result is a new ignition barrel..I do hope this helps