Enes
Enes, Volvo Master Technician
Experience:  18 yrs+. experience as Volvo & ASE Certified Master Technician.
20168386

I have a 2007 XC70 (115000 miles). For the last two months

Customer Question

I have a 2007 XC70 (115000 miles). For the last two months the engine system fault light has been on. My local garage have read the fault codes and as a result I have had a new EGR valve fitted, a new turbo pressure sensor, a new injector on the No. 5 cylinder and new glow plugs. Still the problem persists with the warning light on and intermittent power loss. The car has no urgency and coughs and splutters when I try to accelerate. It was showing as soot filter full but this seems to have regenerated and the readings for soot in the DPF are low - and yet today as soon as I demanded more power it coughed and the engine system light came back on. Will a new DPF (despite the car telling me it's ok) do the trick? Any ideas please as this is getting beyond a joke. Thanks
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Enes replied 2 years ago.
Enes : Hello and welcome to our web page here my name is***** a Certified Volvo Car Expert Mechanic.I'm going to try today to answer your question.c
Enes : dpf filter must be cleaned sometimes doing dpf regen is not enough it must removeed and cleaned externally
Enes : also I would. Scan car with volvo scsnner and see what fault codes show
Enes : sometime using wrong scsnner non volvo guides you the wrong way to diagnose
Enes : also software updates are very critical to many problrm with egr and emission