Enes
Enes, Volvo Master Technician
Experience:  18 yrs+. experience as Volvo & ASE Certified Master Technician.
20168386

My v50 sport starts ok but revs wil not go above 2000rev Sometimes

My v50 sport starts ok but revs wil not go above 2000rev Sometimes if I turn engine off and restart its ok for a time but will then shut down to 2000rev while driving. I have had a new pedal fitted but prob remains. keith
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Enes replied 2 years ago.
Enes : Hello and welcome to our web page here my name is***** a Certified Volvo Car Expert Mechanic.I'm going to try today to answer your question.
Enes : what fault codes return
Enes : 2000 rpm. Limit is transmission is going in safe mode
Enes : you can have bad sensor on trans
Enes : I would need that code from before you had or current
Enes : Gas pedal will not fix much problems They don't go bad s much
Enes : Reply when you can
Enes : im offline now but you get update email whrn you reply back and when I update answer you get email to read you don't have to wait
Customer:

The code that keeps coming up is CEM-3F93 and this has gone on for over 2 years. When the codes are cleared its ok for 2 weeks-or-2 months then returns . The revs go to 2000/2500 but no higher. It was just the same before the pedal was changed. keith

Enes : Problem is not gas pedal most cases
Enes : you must replace all terminals at gas pedal connector volvo has updated terminals for that code if keeps coming back
Enes : so new terminals replace all than check wiring from gas pedal to cem for loose terminals and replace on cem terminals for gas pedal
Enes : do cem reload software
Enes : and check all connectors at cem that they snapped and zip tied