Enes
Enes, Volvo Master Technician
Experience:  18 yrs+. experience as Volvo & ASE Certified Master Technician.
20168386

Volvo S40 Registration 51. I have a problem with the heating

Volvo S40 Registration 51. I have a problem with the heating facility. Fan and Air Conditioning are all ok.
When I start from COLD the heating starts - heating OK and the temperature travels up to mid point and stays as normal.
When I drive for about 25 minutes the heating stops and will not start again until the car is stopped for quite a long time and seemingly when the engine has cooled considerably.
I have taken it into Garages for 3 times - two of which are Volvo approved - but the problem still remains.
Can you advise possible faults?
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Enes replied 2 years ago.
Enes : Hello and welcome to our web page here my name is***** a Certified Volvo Car Expert Mechanic.I'm going to try today to answer your question.
Enes : do you loose complete air blow or just heat stops and blows cold air ?
Enes : Reply when you can
Enes : you get email when I reply back
Customer:

Thanks for your prompt response.

Customer:

Thanks for your prompt response.

Customer:

The heat stops and cold air continues to blow.

Enes : That I would look replacing heater control damper motors and check with scanner Themerature sensor if they read wrong they can control heat to cold so to test they must test all sensor on climate box best monitor them on grap but if problem don't happen all the time than it will be harder to test . Also you can calibrate with bolvo dealer scaner scanner Themerature motors positions in case they get lost with time