Enes
Enes, Volvo Master Technician
Experience:  18 yrs+. experience as Volvo & ASE Certified Master Technician.
20168386

I have a Volvo v70 T5 1998 (99 model) which seems to be stuck

I have a Volvo v70 T5 1998 (99 model) which seems to be stuck in winter mode. It pulls away very slowly and revs like hell! The arrow on the display is flashing but it won't turn off at the switch. The garage have tried a new quadrant and a new speed sensor but with no success. Can you offer any solution?
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Enes replied 2 years ago.
Enes : and welcome to our web page here my name is***** a Certified Volvo Car Expert Mechanic.I'm going to try today to answer your question.
Enes : most the time is bad so called pnp switch on trans
Enes : you have done first step to replace that button and if it did not help it looks than you have bad pnp switch
Enes : Arrow flashing indicateds fault in transmission I would hook up scanner at volvo dealer and read codes from trans confirming is just bad pnp switch bad not other sensor you can't tell until you scan it
JACUSTOMER-ejegv7gd- :

Enes :
Enes : Chat gets frozen web page error. Try to reply fast before it gets frozen either way you can reply I will see it just at later time
Expert:  Enes replied 2 years ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

What is pnp switch and where is it located please

Expert:  Enes replied 2 years ago.
Is located on trqnsmission it self the shifter cable from inside car moves pnp switch on trans . See this video it gives better idea
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mCyu_nJFA3I