Enes
Enes, Volvo Master Technician
Experience:  18 yrs+. experience as Volvo & ASE Certified Master Technician.
20168386

Two things if I may: 2006 Volvo XC70 KD06 VSC The rear park

Two things if I may: 2006 Volvo XC70 KD06 VSC
The rear park assist works intermittently but not at all most of the time. My Volvo garage has said it would be best to change all 4 sensors at a huge cost of nearly £500! Could it be something other than the sensors?
After prolonged high speed motorway driving my automatic gearbox will bang when pulling away from low speed. But at all other times it behaves perfectly!
Yours, Robert
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Enes replied 2 years ago.
Enes : and welcome to our web page here my name is***** a Certified Volvo Car Expert Mechanic.I'm going to try today to answer your question.
Enes : most the time is not sensor. I would replace the sensor harness the wiring harness gets exposed to water and can make intermittent problem
Enes : I have replaced sensor also but did harness more times
Enes : If you. Can take de find rate answer my boss looks feedback from you to me
JACUSTOMER-16husimj- :

Thank you, ***** ***** will ask that the sensor harness is replaced. Can you recommend anyone to do this? You have not answered, however, my gear box question.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

After prolonged motorway driving in my 2006 XC70 Volvo automatic the gearbox bangs after slowing down an then accelerating. Otherwise it behaves perfectly .

Expert:  Enes replied 2 years ago.
It can be problem in hydraulic control of shifting in transmission caused by valve body internal ! I would first look check trans and engine mounts . Than try to reprogram the software to transmission and re learn all shift points that can improve it. This only can be done at volvo dealer garage
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you, my Volvo garage told me the transmission will fail and I will need a new one!!