Enes
Enes, Volvo Master Technician
Experience:  18 yrs+. experience as Volvo & ASE Certified Master Technician.
20168386

We have a V702.8D 2000, at the moment we have lost revcounter

We have a V702.8D 2000, at the moment we have lost revcounter speedo lights to the Dashboard . A message Alarm, and SRS need servicing,Rear parking light bulb. We cahaned the bulb No difference. Have checked all fuses and wiring connections. Ideas Please...
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Enes replied 2 years ago.
Enes : and welcome to our web page here my name is***** a Certified Volvo Car Expert Mechanic.I'm going to try today to answer your question.
Enes : what you describe is very common failure of dim module what is your instrument panel it will require new one and require software programming
Enes : you can also send your old to be fixed
Enes : But it looks that is your problem
Customer:

OK So what is a DIM module and where do we find the location of it.? Have you an aproximate cost of replacing it as well. Thank you. Ken Ayling.

Enes : Dim modul that is your complete instrument cluster it comes all together
Enes : New part can only be programmed back to car at volvo faker garage it requires soft are to activate new part and transfer milage
Enes : the new part cost around. 900 euro. And to rebuilt fixed you must send to Canada cost is 600 dollars
Enes : If you can please rate answer my boss looks feedback from you to me
Expert:  Enes replied 2 years ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Expert:  Enes replied 2 years ago.
If reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT (or 3-5 STARS) today.
Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better.
responses are FREE, after completing the required rating.
Expert:  Enes replied 2 years ago.
I try to help you and what to do and you rate me bad ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The input to the DIM module is from the ABS system There seems to be no information from the Unit. WHERE isthe ABS unit located?

Finding this unit and checking to see if the cable/plug is connected is first line servicing this should be the first place to check and see if the connection is broken.

This will verify wether the DIM module is US. Therefor what other check are necessary?

Expert:  Enes replied 2 years ago.
Your abs module can go bad you right and effect but it don't effect as much Spedo lights but you can check it. Locate your brake fluid reservoir under that there is abs pump then under abs pump you will see big wiring harness connector going to that module that is your abs module it bolts to abs pump if you can rate neutral please remove negative ratting