Enes
Enes, Volvo Master Technician
Experience:  18 yrs+. experience as Volvo & ASE Certified Master Technician.
20168386

I have an S80 diesel 2011 automatic model. On three occasions

I have an S80 diesel 2011 automatic model. On three occasions would not start. Turns over but will not start. Does not seem to register any fuel on the gauge. No faults come up on volvos system. RAC and volvo assist could not find a fault. Got it started but no one knows how. Maybe disconnecting battery or resetting software or this time just by moving the car it started.
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Enes replied 2 years ago.
Enes : Hello and welcome to our web page here my name is***** a Certified Volvo Car Expert Mechanic.I'm going to try today to answer your question.
Enes : problem on that model can be with key for ignition not recognized cutting fuel and let you crank but no start
Enes : you will have to test signals from keys at volvo garage with volvo scanner regular scanner will not do it
Enes : but I have seen that a lot bad chip in key or antenna what reads keys at time works
Expert:  Enes replied 2 years ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you. Would it be an intermittent problem. A couple of times they disconnected the battery and that seemed to start it but one time after taking it to the garage on a recovery truck it seemed to start.

The garage about to take diesel tank out to check fuel which sounds expensive so looking at all my options, No faults showing up

Expert:  Enes replied 2 years ago.
It can be problem with fuel tank if it got better when you lift up on tow truck then fuel pump moves around