Enes
Enes, Volvo Master Technician
Experience:  18 yrs+. experience as Volvo & ASE Certified Master Technician.
20168386

, Just bought a*****Diesel only done 13,000 but

Just bought a*****Diesel only done 13,000 but although the Drive is selected and the green indicator is showing,I can't say as I've noticed the engine stopping for instance when at traffic lights or stopped in traffic. Does it actually cut out then re -start or am I missing something?
Paul
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Enes replied 2 years ago.
Enes : Hello and welcome to our web page here my name is***** a Certified Volvo Car Expert Mechanic.I'm going to try today to answer your question.
Enes : it will turn off and restart engine yes
Enes : If the engine is not running, it cannot consume fuel. The Auto Start Stop function turns off the engine whenever it is not needed. In a traffic jam or in stop etc ...
Expert:  Enes replied 2 years ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok so it doesn't do what it's supposed to do. What is the likely cause and how is it fixed?
Expert:  Enes replied 2 years ago.
That is controled fixed most time by upgrading with volvo software. Update what can re modify recover setting