Enes
Enes, Volvo Master Technician
Experience:  18 yrs+. experience as Volvo & ASE Certified Master Technician.
20168386

I LIVE IN LONDON UK. I HAVE A VOLVO S60 2.0T YEAR 2001, BOUGHT

Customer Question

I LIVE IN LONDON UK. I HAVE A VOLVO S60 2.0T YEAR 2001, BOUGHT FROM A VOLVO MAIN DEALER IN 2009. A FEW WEEKS AGO I HAD A FAULTY REM DIAGNOSED AND REPLACED AT VAST EXPENSE TO CURE A CHRONIC SLOW BATTERY DRAINAGE. A FEW DAYS LATER THE BATTERY DRAINED AGAIN. THE DIAGNOSIS THIS TIME WAS A FAULTY CEM. COST OF REPLACEMENT EVEN VASTER.
Q1. IS THIS KIND OF SEQUENTIAL DOUBLE WHAMMY PLAUSIBLE WITH THESE ELECTRONIC UNITS?
Q2. COULD EITHER OF THESE DIAGNOSTIC PROCEDURES HAVE MISSED SOMETHING MORE ELEMENTARY AND MUCH LESS COSTLY TO FIX?
VERY GRATEFUL FOR ANY ADVICE YOU MAY HAVE.
REGARDS,
NICK TOWERS.
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Enes replied 2 years ago.
Enes : Hello and welcome to our web page here my name is***** a Certified Volvo Car Expert Mechanic.I'm going to try today to answer your question.
Enes : rem most the time don't require replace Simone reload to rem takes care of that problem
Enes : As far cem be bad they do go bad a lot but not much for battery drain but if they bad thry can keep system active and drain battery
Enes : They fault traced a drain to cem what system on cem is draining it like is lights doors sensors ? You would ask them that to know if they diagnosed it right not just say bad cem
Enes : based on what diagnostic