Enes
Enes, Volvo Master Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as Volvo & ASE Certified Master Technician.
20168386

, I have a problem with my Volvo V50 2.0 D. few

I have a problem with my Volvo V50 2.0 D.
For a few weeks the car had problems starting at first time. It didn't matter if the engine was cold or hot.
One day the car wouldn't start at all. After recovery and inspection, Volvo found a problem in the EGR valve and replaced it.
The same starting problem appeared again.
At this point they found a fault at 1 of the 4 glow plugs and they also advised replacing the 4 injectors. They replaced the glow plugs. I declined replacing the injectors on a money ground.
The exact same starting problem appeared again.
I had a look at the engine compartment and what I have noticed is that there are many bubbles going from the fuel filter into the engine (visible through the yellow/green fuel line). Could this be the real cause of my problems in your opinion?
Could it be the fuel filter housing?
What is an average price for replacing the fuel filter housing?
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Enes replied 2 years ago.
Enes : Hello and welcome to our web page here my name is***** a Certified Volvo Car Expert Mechanic.I'm going to try today to answer your question.
Enes : fuel filter housing if it has small air leak can do it
Enes : cost is 450 euros to replace parts and labor
Enes : but I would test Injectors also again they do go bad also on that model
Customer:

Do you know of any online shop where I can buy the filter housing to replace it myself?

Enes : I would use volvo garage
Enes : reason they make perfect fit all onthet cheap ones you have to modify and is not that hoisin long run. I wold buy original as far that part
Customer:

thanks

Enes : No problem. Thank you
Enes : If you have second of time rate answer please my boss looks for your ratting feedback
Enes : Do you have more question for me today
Customer:

how can I be 100% sure it's the fuel filter housing? If I replace it and air still enters... it's a lot of wasted money :(

Enes : You can't do much other than try or remove fuel filter housing and pressurize with air spray with soap water and look for air leaks
Enes : but if you gone do that you better then replace it either way those housing and filters go bad with time so doing it new it will be good either way
Customer:

ok

Enes : No problem
Customer:

thanks

Enes : thank you
Enes : To end chat you rate it and it ends
Enes : .
Enes, Volvo Master Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as Volvo & ASE Certified Master Technician.