Enes
Enes, Volvo Master Technician
Experience:  18 yrs+. experience as Volvo & ASE Certified Master Technician.
20168386

2002 Volvo C70 convertible When driving car at about 2000

2002 Volvo C70 convertible When driving car at about 2000 RPM revs shoot up to 3800 with no increase by me on accelerator loses power for instant then seems to change up a gear and revs drop back
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Enes replied 2 years ago.
Enes : Hello and welcome to our web page here my name is***** a Certified Volvo Car Expert Mechanic.I'm going to try today to answer your question.
Enes : that can be shifting problem in transmission intermittent slippage
Enes : but that is bad sign trans must be removed and open and fixed if that is what you feel
Enes : I would run also all test with scanner on trans with diagnostic scanner that can have Eletrical problem also but if is mechanical in trans no codes will set
Expert:  Enes replied 2 years ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.