Enes
Enes, Volvo Master Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as Volvo & ASE Certified Master Technician.
20168386

Im needing help with my Volvo C70 Cabrio hard top 2006 when

Im needing help with my Volvo C70 Cabrio hard top 2006 when i leave the car if i lock the doors with the key fob the 2 red warning lights one in each door stay on if i unlock the drivers door they go out but if i walk away the automatic door lock kicks in locking the car again & when i return the battery is flat any help on this please
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Enes replied 2 years ago.
Enes : Hello and welcome to our web page here my name is***** a Certified Volvo Car Expert Mechanic.I'm going to try today to answer your question.
Enes : you can have active alarm staying on making false alarm draining battery
Enes : red light is normal to see. That will not drain battery is small led but that system can have fault and keep that light on also
Enes : most the time it requires software flash
Enes : most most the time is this software bug in the system requires flushing of the computers in the car and the take care of the problem most of the time . in some cases I have seen bad doorlock modules or the door lock assembly is that microswitches go bad and also to go to false alarm
Enes : i try first scan codes and try software flash
Enes : Sometimes on that model radio module stays active drains battery
Customer:

Hi Enes i will pass this info on to my Auto Electrician as its away above my capabilities to sort out i will come back & let u know how i get on. But my main problem is im living in Spain now & the nearest Volvo dealer is a*****away & no gaurantee they will talk english.

Enes : Those diagnostic steps require special volvo scanner
Enes : you can reply back to me when you can back is ok
Enes : if you can rate answer today and we stay locked we stay locked rate positive please if you can than follow up question will stay open
Customer:

Hi Enes thats my problem over here in Spain as far as i know theres no Volvo dealer in Torrevieja & none in Elche either so i have to go & try & find the one in Alicante or Albacete both at least*****away from me. Email is still a novelty in some places out here as i emailed the Volvo dealers in Albacete at 2pm this afternoon to see if they could fix my problem but im still waiting on a reply. My own Auto Sparky was at least honest with me but i had to wait over a week b4 he could get to me but once he got to me he checked out all my service checks & said it was not as simple as he expected it to be & despite being very busy he has hardly worked on any problems like mine as he says Volvos are not in the habit of breaking down. So im shafted. so any help in Spain please?.

Enes, Volvo Master Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as Volvo & ASE Certified Master Technician.