Enes
Enes, Volvo Master Technician
Experience:  18 yrs+. experience as Volvo & ASE Certified Master Technician.
20168386

whilst driving along (s60 manual gbox diesel d5) with no engine

whilst driving along (s60 manual gbox diesel d5) with no engine problems i found that suddenly i couldnt change gear at all. i had to put the car in gear and restart the engine but it of course stalled as it jolted forward.
I am unable to drive the car now and have had advice that it is a faulty master cylinder or faulty gearbox
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Enes replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome to our web page here my name is***** a Certified Volvo Car Expert Mechanic.I'm going to try today to answer your question.it can be master sleeve cylinder by clutch inside trans failed if you see any oil leak under car it can be leaking brake fluid from that cylinder and prevent gear shift . I don't think is internal trans problem we do not see as many problem with trans internal parts going bad . Clutch and sleeve cylinder go bad . But he topped brake fluid is good indication you loosing fluid supply to clutch master sleeve cylinder either bad cylinder it self or line leaking trans will have to come out the car to replace cylinder also at same time is recommended you install new clutch and don't reuse old
Expert:  Enes replied 2 years ago.
17/04/2015 at 15:10 (9 hours and 40 minutes and 49 seconds later)
Edited by Enes on 17/04/2015 at 15:12 CST
If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT (or 3-5 STARS) today.
Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better.
All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating.