Enes
Enes, Volvo Master Technician
Experience:  18 yrs+. experience as Volvo & ASE Certified Master Technician.
20168386

On the basis of your answer I am going to replace the Master

On the basis of your answer I am going to replace the Master and Slave cylinders.I could not tell if you referred to the slave cylinder only, so i had better replace both.
I need to get back on the road very soon
What kind of cost would i expect at a volvo garage?
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Enes replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome to our web page here my name is***** a Certified Volvo Car Expert Mechanic.I'm going to try today to answer your question.replace master sleeve cylinder And bearing it sits on and internal fluid supply line inside trans also new clutch cost parts and labor around 1800 euros
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks , but that is more than the value of the car.

I know that Volvo labour rates are extremely high as i had a 740 which was a money pit that was repaired under warranty regularly.

It is the downside of owning a previously luxury car now ovef 10 years old

Expert:  Enes replied 2 years ago.
Maybe smaller shops do for less ask around
Expert:  Enes replied 2 years ago.
If you can take second of your time please can you rate answer positive excellent or neutral just press one of those ratting buttons and that is all . My boss looks for your feedback ratting from you to me to be good. If you can do that please for me and you can still talk to me after ratting we stay locked . Thank you