Enes
Enes, Volvo Master Technician
Experience:  18 yrs+. experience as Volvo & ASE Certified Master Technician.
20168386

I have recently purchased an XC90 2.4TD 2003 and have removed

Customer Question

I have recently purchased an XC90 2.4TD 2003 and have removed the radio and CD player to be repaired. Now I have no lights on the gear shifter, no interior lights, passenger window and side mirror don't function, sunroof stopped working, computer won't scroll through messages, car won't lock or unlock from key fob. Will this lot resolve itself upon replacing the repaired cd and radio ?
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Enes replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome to our web page here my name is***** a Certified Volvo Car Expert Mechanic.I'm going to try today to answer your question.you will need radio back in car you shitting communication the radio is part system network so until you plug all back now you can't do much and you will. Require in most cases scanner. To reset communication faults that are stored now to go back to no normal . You can disconnect battery take plus and minus cables off the battery . Than take plus and minus cable ends and tape them together so they touch each other for 30 min this process will make hard reset to car computers and can bring car system modules online and normal function .But if this don't help after you reconnect radio than will require a scsnner .Please rate answer positive we stay lockedIf you can take second of your time please can you rate answer positive excellent or neutral just press one of those ratting buttons and that is all . My boss looks for your feedback ratting from you to me to be good. If you can do that please for me and you can still talk to me after ratting we stay locked . Thank you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I don't get the radio back from repair for another week. I was wondering if I will have these problems until I replace the radio and CD player ? Is it dangerous to use the car with these problems ?
Expert:  Enes replied 2 years ago.
You can drive it no problem but only you will have all to reset after is re installed