Enes
Enes, Volvo Master Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as Volvo & ASE Certified Master Technician.
20168386

I am having an intermittent sound coming from my radio speakers

I am having an intermittent sound coming from my radio speakers every time the car hits a bump on the road even though the radio is not turned on. The space sensors on the rear of the car are not working and this appears to be connected to the intermittent sound effect when going over a bump in the road. The general sense appears as if there is a wire making and breaking connections somewhere in the car. The radio does not work when turned on nor does the CD player. I have taken the car to a local dealer and stated the problem. The reply I got was a bill for £58.20 and a statement to say the computer read-out said that there was a fault in the amplifier but this was not the case as the dealer fitted a new amplifier but this did not resolve the problem. Can you give me directions on what I can do next to resolve this very annoying problem. Thank you
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Enes replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome to our web page here my name is***** a Certified Volvo Car Expert Mechanic.I'm going to try today to answer your question.give me more details as far how the sound sounds like when you hear it ? As far rear park assist sensor if they don't work they just unplugged they can crate problem cuting sound due I they linked thru radio for sound if they original volvo back up system
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The sound is as if the radio was just turned on but not connected to any radio station. The rear sensors were as fitted as new with the car. they have not been added to the car.

Expert:  Enes replied 2 years ago.
Read sensor are not plugged to car harness . But if you have amplifier new then other problem what I see was radio it self is bad most the time radio can fsil from bad amplifier . I would look at wires and make sure tar sensor are not hooks up to car harness sending wrong signal if all that is good try replacing radio
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

What do you mean by saying Read sensor are not plugged to car harness. I have not touched the rear sensors or the wiring so why should they be causing any troubles. What is making the car radio noise come on and off when I am not switching it on or off.

Expert:  Enes replied 2 years ago.
The rear park sensor if they bad can make radio mute no sound . But I think your problem is in radio head unit what will require radio to be replaced
Enes, Volvo Master Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as Volvo & ASE Certified Master Technician.