Enes
Enes, Volvo Master Technician
Experience:  18 yrs+. experience as Volvo & ASE Certified Master Technician.
20168386

We purchased in January, an S40 (2006) 2.4 auto with 26,000

We purchased in January, an S40 (2006) 2.4 auto with 26,000 miles and full service history. On purchasing, we had an AA report and a full service by an Independent Volvo garage performed (we picked the car up in February). For the first few days, no warning lights at all and then the 'Fault in Car's emissions system' came up. Car taken to Volvo dealers in Norfolk and computer system cleared and reset as the car had not been used for quite some time. The day I took the car in for checking - no light appeared at all however, reset performed and again the warning light has appeared. There is no difference in the drive at all - smooth and no apparent unusual sounds. Any suggestions please?

PS.  I should also add that I was relying on the petrol gauge showing the correct amount of fuel - but after 40 or so miles - it hadn't changed so put £50 in it last week and still showing half full!

As you may gather, I haven't driven the car very much as I am away almost every week.

Category: Volvo
Expert:  Enes replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome to our web page here my name is***** a Certified Volvo Car Expert Mechanic.I'm going to try today to answer your question.what your fault codes from past scan reports I need those error codes . As far fuel gauge that model has problems with sending level sensors in fuel tank if problems happens a lot don't get better you will need new level sensor
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

As far as I am aware, it is the 'Fault in car's emission system' that shows.

What both Volvo garages have done to try and find the fault, apart from putting it on the computerized diagnostic machine, I'm afraid I haven't the foggiest. I keep paying out, but get the same result....a problem......etc.

This I think, is our 6th Volvo and the only one that we've had any problems with.

Expert:  Enes replied 2 years ago.
What are your fault codes from scanner reports ?