Enes
Enes, Volvo Master Technician
Experience:  18 yrs+. experience as Volvo & ASE Certified Master Technician.
20168386

The message keeps coming up : "Reduced Engine Performance"

Customer Question

The message keeps coming up : "Reduced Engine Performance" although the car is still driving fine. I'm selling the car, so how can I get rid of the message?
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Enes replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome to our web page here my name is***** a Certified Volvo Car Expert Mechanic.I'm going to try today to answer your question.you can buy or use from any shop so called can obd2 scanner they not expensive to buy basic one those can reset that warning for engine . You can also disconnect battery but battery will not reeset always when you disconnect battery take plus and minus from battery then take both plus and minus Cabel ends together for 45 min so they touch after that reconnect that should rest it but in case stil did not reset you must use scanner what I said above