Enes
Enes, Volvo Master Technician
Experience:  18 yrs+. experience as Volvo & ASE Certified Master Technician.
20168386

I have an S60 R Design D4 with 235x40x18 alloy wheels/tyres,

I have an S60 R Design D4 with 235x40x18 alloy wheels/tyres, can I fit smaller 16" steel wheels with winter tyres or are the brake disks too big?
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Enes replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome to our web page here my name is***** a Certified Volvo Car Expert Mechanic.I'm going to try today to answer your question.you can't add 16 inch it will not fit with brake caliper you can find few places that can sale maybe 17 inch steel just for VOLVO due to it has those big brake calipers very hard to find. Steel rim that will fit but 16 I know they don't fit
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your answer, I was trying to not buy 235x40x18 Alloy wheels to put that size winter tyres on, so I guess that I will just have to bite the bullet and get a spare set of 18 alloy wheels.