Enes
Enes, Volvo Master Technician
Experience:  18 yrs+. experience as Volvo & ASE Certified Master Technician.
20168386

Marty, I've a 2009 volvo v70 R-Design. When I go to start

Hi Marty, I've a 2009 volvo v70 R-Design.
When I go to start the car, sometimes when I place the key fob in the ignition nothing happens. After trying a few times it eventually starts, no warning light comes on
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Shantal

I have not resolved the problem yet.

Since I have paid for the service I would expect an answer from one of your professionals. If I do not get a reply will I receive a refund?

regards

Sean

Expert:  Enes replied 2 years ago.
What you describe is problem what I see a lot time is the part where you insert key that is module and reciver and reader all in one they fail to recognize key and prevent start to fix issue you must replace that box but it will require software what only volvo garage had acces to to program software
Enes, Volvo Master Technician
Experience: 18 yrs+. experience as Volvo & ASE Certified Master Technician.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It does not happen all the time, why is this and will it get worse?

Expert:  Enes replied 2 years ago.
No it will not get worse but trick sometimes is keep the key for like 5-10 longer inserted and then press the start button like that it has little more time to pick up read chip security from key to allow start . Also please if you have second rate answer positive you can still talk to me after ratting