Enes
Enes, Volvo Master Technician
Experience:  18 yrs+. experience as Volvo & ASE Certified Master Technician.
20168386

I have a v50 estate d5 2.4 ---with sun roof---the driver footwell

i have a v50 estate d5 2.4 ---with sun roof---the driver footwell keeps flooding when it rains heavily--there is water in sunroof surround but it does not seem to be able to drain away--- I have used a lond flexible darin rod which pentrates what I think is the drain hole (right in the offside corner) the rod goes right down the door pillar and stops on something rubbery---but no blockage other than that----the water drips in from just above the diagnostic plug----any ideas.
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Enes replied 2 years ago.
YOU WILL HAVE TO REPLACE BOTH FRONT SUN ROOF HOSES AND THOSE ELBOW THAT GO AT END THAT IS VERY COMMON PROBLEM AND CLEANING DONT HELP MUCH YOU MUST ALLWAYS USE NEW HOSES AND 90 DEGRE ELBOW.PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO RATE POSITIVE WE STAY LOCKED EVEN AFTER YOU RATE YOU CAN STILL TALK TO ME
Enes, Volvo Master Technician
Experience: 18 yrs+. experience as Volvo & ASE Certified Master Technician.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Enes ,thanks for this ----how does one go about replacing these hoses---or must it be done by an expert