Mike
Mike, Mechanic
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

I have a volvo v40 1.8i and it would appear that the air

Customer Question

Hi I have a volvo v40 1.8i and it would appear that the air conditioning and heated seats have stopped working. I have checked the fuses but the appear fine. My wife was driving and said she heard an electric crackle and the nothing. Nothing is working on the panel the switches are housed on dash. Everything else appears fine. Any help would be appreciated
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do
you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you
like for us to close your question at this time?
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello and Welcome..
My name is ***** ***** Im happy to help / advise.
I note you have not returned to check on your question - if when you do you have any queries, feel free to get back to me.
- This issue you have is by the very sounds of it, a burn out of a cable / loom - connector on the given circuit... given your wife heard what she did.
This is not going to be a case of - it will be this / that Im afraid.. its going to take "looking for".. as a burn like that can occur anywhere -
The simple place to start is with the wiring etc under the bonnet - but its more likely this has occurred under the dash area - so start by accessing the interior fuse box - and go from there.. You WILL find the fault this way for sure but it will take some searching Im sorry to say -
Let me know how you go..and / or let me know if you need anything further on this..
~>>~~~ Meantime - Please do click on the "Exc / Ok rating" for me at this time.. "Thank you" in advance for that .
.. Note that you can get back to me anytime at all after doing the rating - it doesn't close you out --
Best Rgds, MIKE.