Enes
Enes, Volvo Master Technician
Experience:  18 yrs+. experience as Volvo & ASE Certified Master Technician.
20168386

I have a Volvo V40 1996 model. I was wondering how to

Customer Question

Hi. I have a Volvo V40 1996 model. I was wondering how to go about correcting an issue . It concerns locking the car with the fob. I have to use the ignition key for that otherwise the lights flash on and off for about 10 minutes , and even though the car locks this way, I'm not sure it's a good sigh? Un locking the car with the fob is fine. Is there something wrong with the immobiliser? Is it possible the car has been fitted with an incompatible alarm system and the siren has been disconnected ? I would very much like to be able to lock the car with the fob for convenience. Can you help or suggest a solution?
Thanks, Ernestina
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
Hello Ernestina,
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Hello Ernestina,

I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Shantel. Thank you but I would like a refund as the answer has taken a long time. please would you arrange the refund as soon as possible?
Ernestina