Mike
Mike, Mechanic
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

Can aney 1 tell me if the wiring loom is the same on a 2003

can aney 1 tell me if the wiring loom is the same on a 2003 xc 70 diesel as a2001 petrol . the cec units are dif can the diesel go in the petrol with out to much hasale thank you
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello and Welcome -
My name is MIKE.
In answer to your question - no, the looms are totally different Im afraid - as are the control modules / computers.
While it *can* be done - its a great deal of changeover work... I wouldn't recommend the conversion on this model to be honest.
- Please do click on the "Exc / Ok rating" for me at this time.. Thank you in advance for that . ..
Note that you can get back to me anytime at all after doing the rating - it doesn't close you out -
- Best Rgds, MIKE.
Mike, Mechanic
Experience: Tech Expert