Greg
Greg, Technician
Experience:  Automotive diagnostic tech
29331485

My 06 passat 2litre diesel glo plug light is flashing and cannot

Customer Question

My 06 passat 2litre diesel glo plug light is flashing and cannot clear this does not have a brake light switch or i can not find it
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Greg replied 2 years ago.
Hi . Good question ,this is a system that VW Audi did that was very misunderstandingfor many VW Audi drivers they thjought there was a problem with the brake lighting systemglow plug system ??But in fact this was for the driver to know that the management system had encountered a general problem with the whole system ,from a glow plug failure to a engine control issue like avehicle speed sensor ,TPS , pedal sensor, etc ,etc . What you have to do is get youe VW hooked up to a diagnostic scan tool and check for malfunction codes .From the malfunction code you will then know what has to be checked ,repaired or replaced . Ones the problem area has been repaired then the flashing glow plug light will stay off after clearing the codes . Now if needed please get back to me with the reply button, and not the poor or bad service, this way i can get back to you or suggest another expert if needed.Your deposit does not pay me until the answer is rated in a positive way,Not rating or a bad rating does not constitute a refund.If you are not happy or you have sorted out your problem before the answer then please let me know with the reply button .Kind regards Greg.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

we have tried diagnostic no problem comes up but still cannot clear light

Expert:  Greg replied 2 years ago.
Hi .

Which scan tool are you using as most EOBD will nor gather all codes .

Greg