Mike
Mike, Mechanic
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

I have a 2000 v70 t5 with fault code P0748. how do I identify

Customer Question

I have a 2000 v70 t5 with fault code P0748. how do I identify the relevant wireing connector to checkout the pressure control solenoid and associated connections,ie colour of wires etc
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hello and Welcome -
My name is ***** ***** Im happy to help / advise -
Im not really 100% sure what it is you are asking... what you are wanting to do - could you please outline a little more fully then we can progress -
Rgds, MIKE......................
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Mike.I need to checkout the line pressure control solenoid within the automatic transmission case for continuity/short circuit and the associated connectivity back to the Transmission Control Module. I therefore need to know where to stick my meter probes/circuit tester. I need to know which plug/plug pins/wire colours and which TCM pin sockets make up the relevant circuit. In essence,a wireing diagram or description. Simple in concept but complicated in design. Nothing in Haynes.Can't find anything for T5 on web! Bit of a challenge I guess.

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hi Derek-
Ok yes I understand what you are up against. Just a point, depending on what machine you are using for diags..can you not get what you need in Live Data mode? I will have a look though and see what I can find for you -as you say, Volvo are not too clever with this info.
Best Rgds Derek, MIKE
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Ok but I would stress at this stage all I need to proceed is the physical location of the circuitry and colour codeing.Once identified I hope to pinpoint the problem and hope it's not actually in the box.A wiring diagram is the key or the information gleened from it..

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Just a thought Derek - where are you / what country?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Wales,sa340xt. How about you?

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Ah right - Im in the UK.. I just wondered as US cars for example can be different -
Ok Derek - leave it with me a bit - No need to reply - I'll get back to you -
Rgds, MIKE.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

OK,have replied as webpage says "we're waiting for you"(me). A little dissapointed so far as I thought the info' required would be at your finger tips by way of familiar(to a Volvo technician)official Volvo literature.Hope I can proceed by tomorrow.

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Edited.

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
I did say Derek that the info was not that readily available even from Volvo which is where it comes from in the first place... I then said I would do my best to see what I could find for you- that's what I have been doing but I'm not here 24/7 I'm afraid and am very busy.
Evidently Im not looking into this fast enough for you Derek so Im going to Opt Out of this question - This will release the question onto the live list again for you.
You must not reply to this or the question will be locked - You need to wait for another expert from here -
I'm sorry I could not help you personally.
Rgds, MIKE
This is NOT and Info Request. it is a FYI post )
Edited by Mike on 20/08/2015 at 22:46 (GMT/GMT)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: Other.
My expert could not answer my question.I have contacted customer services with no response.There is no function on the 'phone link.I think your service is atrocious I want a complete refund. I want confirmation you will refund.Instant answers!you must be joking.