Mike
Mike, Mechanic
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

I have a Volvo 2006 S40 T5.The cam belt got jammed

Hi, I have a Volvo 2006 S40 T5. The cam belt got jammed up and bent all the valves. I had the engine rebuilt and now runs ok, but now comes up with a fault code P0016. The garage that rebuilt the engine said they couldn't work out what was wrong so I took it to a Volvo dealer who said that the timing looked ok but to be sure they would strip down the timing belt and but a new one on from scratch timing it up. This cost £350, and they said it had seem to have fixed it. When I collected it the EML was on, which they reset saying it was due to the battery going flat. 12 hours later the light came back on with the same fault code P0016.

Category: Volvo
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hello and Welcome -
My name is ***** ***** Im happy to help / advise.
I see you had a converstaion some months back on this issue - is it ongoing? or another issue?
Rgds, MIKE...........................
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ongoing...

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hello again -
Thank you ...
So -in all this time, other than the timing belt - and valves etc - have any sensors or anything been replaced?
MIKE......................
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I believe the cam position sensor was checked

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hello again -
Thank you for that info.
The code you have there that keeps coming up is for the Crank shaft sensor / circuit.
So its that that you need to check on - check the wiring to / from it -and the connections...
If all is ok, replace the crank sensor that should stop this happening then with that code.
Let me know how you go..and / or let me know if you need anything further on this..
~~~>>>>>>~ Meanwhile - Please do click on the "Exc / Ok rating" for me at this time.. Thank you in advance for that . ..
Note that you can get back to me anytime at all after doing the rating - it doesn't close you out -
- Best Rgds, MIKE.