*ElectronicsTech
*ElectronicsTech, Customer Service
Experience:  I have over 15 years experience as an electronics repair and troubleshooting technician.
62741268

Unable to load new phone sim card

Customer Question

unable to load new phone sim card
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  *ElectronicsTech replied 1 year ago.
To be able to connect to the Internet via a personal SIM card, your Volvo has to be equipped with Sensus Connect and Volvo On Call. When you have created an Internet connection, it is recommended that you disable the PIN code lock so that you can automatically connect to the Internet.Set up the Internet connection via SIM cardTo set up an Internet connection in your Volvo via a personal SIM card, see the video tutorial or follow the instructions below.Install personal SIM cardInstructions1Insert your personal SIM card in the SIM card reader located in the glovebox. The SIM card must have an active data subscription.NOTEThe SIM card must be a mini-SIM model in order to fit into the car's card reader.2On the centre console: Press MY CAR and then select OK/MENU.3In the Sensus Connect menu: Select Settings and then Internet settings.4In the Sensus Connect menu: Select Connect through and then Car modem.5In the Sensus Connect menu: Press OK/MENU and enter the PIN code for your SIM card.You can now start using the browser and apps.Disable the PIN code lock for the SIM cardVolvo recommends that you disable the PIN code lock for the SIM card so as to avoid the PIN code procedure every time Sensus Connect starts; the Internet connection will then be established automatically.Instructions1On the centre console: Press MY CAR and then select OK/MENU.2In the Sensus Connect menu: Select Settings and then Internet settings.3In the Sensus Connect menu: Select Car modem and uncheck Lock SIM card.4In the Sensus Connect menu: Enter your PIN code again.The PIN code lock is now disabled.Forgotten PIN code and/or PUK codeIf you do not know the current PIN code and/or PUK code, contact your mobile provider. They can provide the PIN and/or PUK code.NOTEData is transferred (data traffic) when using the Internet, and this may involve a cost.Activation of data roaming may involve further charges.Contact your network operator about the cost for data traffic.